Critical Care Services
The critical care department provides initial stabilization and advanced life support of critically ill and injured patients. Our Emergency clinicians’ detailed reports and timely conversations with your primary care veterinarian ensure your pet’s family doctor remains involved in the active care of your companion. These communications also ensure he or she is best prepared for continued follow-up care.
Some of the critical care services we offer at our hospital include:
• State-of-the-art, 24-hour monitoring by a board-certified American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (ACVECC) specialist and a team of ICU technicians
• Peri-operative emergency surgical stabilization
• Blood and plasma transfusions
• Advanced pain management and relief
• Life-support ventilation
• Invasive and non-invasive cardiac and blood pressure monitoring
• Patient bedside ultrasound capability
• Intravenous fluid therapy and intravenous nutrition
• In-house laboratory services
Additionally, we provide nutritional consultations to support all critically ill patients, helping optimize their recovery.
Our critical care department is staffed by dual-board-certified diplomat Dr. Ashley Ayoob, along with a team of proficient technicians with specific experience in emergency and critical care patient management.
If you are concerned about your pet’s health and believe he or she needs immediate attention, please call us at 239-263-0480. If you are a primary care veterinarian requiring a consultation for your patient, please call us or complete the online referral form.